Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Three Black Cats

"I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through."
- Jules Verne



"A cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world."
- Irish Legend


"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul."
- Jean Cocteau


I really struggled with my latest piece. Perhaps I shouldn't have devoted most of my life to painting horses. I should have given my second favorite animal, the cat, a little attention. That being said, I am very happy with the final product. The colors are reminiscent of Halloween but it is nice enough to display year round. A great little box to store your treasures.



"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer



"The smallest feline is a masterpiece."
- Leonardo Da Vinci


"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein


"What greater gift than the love of a cat?"
- Charles Dickens

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a cats lover too... nice Post!!!

LYNDY WARD said...

Hi Jennifer, great art piece. What's the cat box size & where are you selling it?

I love cats, I have a mini cat herd, LOL! I especially love the black cat's. That's why I'm writing my OOAK Halloween Black Cat Art Book...

Our words should be purrs instead of hisses... ~ By Kathrine Palmer Peterson

Purrs & Kisses, Lyndy

vintagepaletteart said...

Beautiful cat box Jen! Love the pic of your little girl drawing your winner!

=o) *Lori