Saturday, October 18, 2008

Spooky

Time to brush off my witch costume. Halloween is almost here!


I tried to dig up some of my spooky photos but I could only find two I took in Amsterdam a few years ago. I have some great photos from New Orleans but they are not on my computer. If I can find Marie Laveau's grave I will definately post it.

The one below was taken in Dam Square. There were these beautiful old buildings and right in the middle was a very weird and slightly tacky looking carnival. The devil was at the entrance for the fun house ride. I think this has a look of Heaven and Hell with the angelic looking sculptures on top of the Royal Palace.


The entryway was also taken in Holland. I am drawn to anything with skeletons so I had to snap a photo. I wish I would have found a graveyard to take a few photos in!

13 comments:

AwtemNymf said...

Gnarly photo's thanks for sharing!
I'm Blog Hopping from Vanessa's "A Fanciful Twist" Party <{:O)
Stop by my place too... I'm having a couple of give-aways!
Have a bootiful day!
Be Enchanted!
~A~

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos, Hope you had a good time at the party. Happy Halloween. Karen

NyteRayn said...

I was just hanging out over at a Fanciful Twist’s party and I thought I’d check out your blog! The photos are fantastic!

Laume said...

Flying in from Vanessa's party - hi. Y'know, I think I might own an ACEO you made a couple of years ago. I bought it on ebay - a headless horseman image. Ring a bell? If you like cemeteries and skulls and what not you should come search around on my blog - I took a lot of gravestone photos while I was in Paris and in the UK recently. In any case, I hope you can stop by my party post as well.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

GREAT pics Jen!!! :)

Happy Sunday,
Chris

Linda said...

Jen, check out Koshnice ( church of Bones) gives me the creeps , but for the ardent halloweener youll probably love it.
http://www.artgraphica.net/art-shop/prague-kutna-hora-bone-church.htm#bonechurch

Shell said...

I love your spooky photos.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos and your other artwork in earlier posts - the headless horsemen are wonderful!!

Witchy Blessings,
Kelley

Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful photos!
Happy Halloween!
Sandra

3rdEyeMuse said...

thanks for sharing these spooktacular photo's ... I especially like the last one. :)

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Sorry I'm late in dropping by! It's taking me awhile to work myself through the party list! Feel free to stop by to say Hi! I'm having a fun give away!
~Michelle

Anonymous said...

Lovely Photos - thank you for having me to your party. Happy Halloween !

Anonymous said...

Great photos and I love your art work! thanks for stopping by my place.

Kim