I'm sick as a dog but busy as a bee! I know it sounds crazy but my painting hand has been taken over by the Christmas Spirit even though I can't breathe and feel like I've been hit by a freight train. I thought I would share a sneak peek at three of my newly painted Holiday signs. I will be listing them on Ebay tonight or tomorrow so please check back. I am also working on 5 handpainted pendants for Etsy. They should be ready by the end of the week. I only have the painting completed on a palomino pendant but I plan on making a raven (maybe a white one) and a snowy owl. Not sure what the other 2 will be yet.
Thank you Fairy Jane for bestowing upon my blog the Uber Amazing Blog award!
Please check out her blog to see her wonderful fairy artwork!
Finally, I have been tagged by Danielle Barlow ! Now I need to think up 7 interesting and unknown facts about myself. Not my favorite subject but I'll give it a go...
1. I had a riding lesson when I was around 18 from the first lady to ride in the Olympics for the US, Marjorie Gill. I met her by accident one day on the trail. I was riding a lovely little Arabian named Amir. She introduced herself and told me that if I ever would like a lesson to ride by her farm. That was such a long time ago I don't really remember any of the details but she was a very nice lady.
2.I have no formal art training but my great grandfather & grandmother were artists and I have several members of my family that are very artistic. When I was around 18 I met one of the neatest artists at a show, Sandra Severson. She gave me a free lesson in her studio. I'll always remember how nice that was. She had such a beautiful studio!
3. I hate tomatoes but love sauce. I just about gag when I'm preparing tomatoes to make sauce. Blek!
4. I love the sound of a cat sneeze.
5. I want to live in Europe when I'm older. Even if it's just for a year or two.
6. I've driven from Southern PA to Maine just to see a band (if you must know it was Phish). Don't listen to them much anymore.
7. I have a tatoo on the back of my neck. It comes from a design I saw on a flag in the Lord of the Rings movies. It's a horse, of course! I love the artwork from those movies. I have all the Art of LotRs books and a bunch of the jewelry too like Arwen's necklace and the leaf brooch.