The funny thing about having a lot of blog friends is that you get tagged a lot. I'm sure my readers must be sick of hearing quirky facts about my life but I'm not one who doesn't enjoy playing along!
I was tagged this time by Melody and Linda. Both of them are wonderful artists. Their work really shows the love they have for animals!
Okay, here are 7 things about moi, all work related...
1.I started working at a horse farm when I was 13 - Watermark Farm, google it.
They taught me most of what I know about horses. I worked there on an off until I graduated HS.
2. I worked for an Amish furniture company before doing decorative painting.
3. I worked at an Amish buggy tour ride place for a few months. It was dreadful. I did get to learn how to drive and hitch a wagon with two horses and a buggy with one. I was a bit on the punkish side back then and I would get some strange looks from tourists in their cars thinking I was an Amish girl. I had to memorize oodles of Amish facts and regurgitate them many, many times a day.
4. I mailed a sign to Wayne Newton once. It was a Xmas gift from a friend.
5. I worked at a frame shop for 4 years and framed things for the lead singer and drummer from the rock band Live. The first time they came in I nearly fainted (I was 20).
6. I have tried two jobs that only lasted one day: picking grapes at a winery, and working at a pet shop. Both of them were bad, bad, bad! I left the pet shop when they told me I has to handle tarantulas!
7. I have always wanted to see what it would be like to work in a cubicle, tend bar, and sling hash at a greasy spoon diner.
I have the best job in the world, getting to stay at home and raise my daughter and create things that people buy. It makes me so happy! Thank you so much to everyone who has purchased artwork from me and who visit my blog regularly. Your comments and friendship keep me going (that and the fact my sales put food on the table)!
Don't forget to stop over at my Etsy team's blog and enter our horse art giveaway!
Check back here soon for some new original mini paintings of scenes from the Devon Horse Show! Okay, I'm ready for my white grape martini now:)