Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Laurels at Landhope


This weekend we went to The Laurels, a big combined driving event held minutes away from where I grew up. For some strange reason I had never gone there before, perhaps because I didn't have much interest in driving. Maybe if I had gone before I would have known that 2 days of rain equals an incredibly muddy mess and I should just stay home. A combined driving event is much like a 3-day event with a dressage phase the first day, a cross county marathon the second and cones the third day which is the driving equivalent of stadium jumping except you get penalties from knocking the little balls off the cones the driver must maneuver around. I wanted to go for the more exciting marathon phase but it was raining. So we schlepped through the mud to watch a few people compete, checked out some really gorgeous, and I'm guessing by the lack of attendees, under appreciated art. For $5 a car it wasn't bad. I would definately go again if it wasn't muddy.











This weekend I also finished my Appy Halloween sign and a new Headless Horseman sign. Finished 6 pendants, two larger ones feature the Headless Horseman. All will be on Ebay this week!


8 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

shame about the mud :/ I love the leg markings on that horse in the third picture :)

Dawn said...

Sorry about the mud! Love your artwork!

be well...

Judy said...

Oooh, my favorite is the "Appy Halloween". So cute!

Kelly said...

...love that Headless Horseman! Maybe all that mud on the horses will inspire a spooky painting... Lovely photos. I really like the first one.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh I'm soooo jealous - how wonderful is that!! Great pictures hon!! The artwork - well amazing as always!!! Love your trick or treaters!!!! Hugs, Sarah

Lin said...

I would have loved to have gone to that event. I love to learn about new things and that is right up my alley. I hate that during the Olympics, they only show the sports that they think the public want to see--Ice skating and gymnastics (ick) when I'm missing the likes of Dressage.

Unknown said...

You're so fortunate to live in an area where you can go see combined driving. Most excellent despite the mud. :-) Deb

Unknown said...

Love the Appy Halloween and Sleepy Hollow signs. You are AMAZINGLY talented! :)

Aelwyn
http://hedgewitchhollow.blogspot.com