Sunday, November 29, 2009

Longwood at Christmas - Part 1



Longwood Gardens at Christmas, it doesn't get any better than this. Seriously, if you are within 2-3 hours of Philadelphia, you NEED to make the trip. You'll thank me later. Trust me.
I took so many photos, I have to break this up a bit. So here we have part one. All photos taken in the conservatory.




I don't even care for poinsettias but these pink ones had me swooning!



These peachy ones were gorgeous too! Don't you love how they matched the berries?



There was a whole room full of kid decorated trees. Very nicely done! Swooning over the cyclamen here. I don't even really like pink...



Table for two? Yes, please!



All sorts of trees every where you look. This one was in the cactus/silver room.



My favorite tree. Beautiful blue morpho butterflies all around. Stunning glass ornaments too.



Upon closer inspection, the butterflies actually moved!!! It was beyond magical.


Planning your trip yet? :^)
Stay tuned for part 2 - the outside lights!

10 comments:

Suzie said...

Ooooooh, how gorgeous! I live in Michigan and it would be worth the trip to see all of those beautiful trees and flowers! I too love the tree with the butterflies! How enchanting!!

But, since it is highy unlikely that I'll be able to see everything in person, I truly appreciate you sharing your photos with us!

I hope that you enjoyed your adventure as much as I'm enjoying seeing it! :-)

Laura said...

Wow... if I ever make it to Pennsylvania, I'm putting that place on the list to see. Beautiful photos. Can't wait to see the rest.
blessings
~*~

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Wow - Longwood was gorgeous in the fall. I can't even begin to imagine how glorious everything looks in the winter! More photos, definitely, please! :) Theresa

De la Renaissance said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jen! Your photos are stunning! They look as if they should be in a beautiful garden magazine! I can't wait to see more!

Janine said...

Oh wonderful I love every kind of gardens.
I even made a journey from Germany to the South of england just to visit the famous gardens there, but I suppose Philadelphia is too far away (heheheh)
Have a great week and thanks for sharing this lovely impressions
Janine

petoskystone said...

while i twitch at at anything resembling barbie-pink, even i found the massed pink cyclamens impressive. the blue butterflies against the silver is beautiful.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS and thanks 4 sharing Jen!!!

Have a great & creative week Jen.

Chris (-:

Unknown said...

Oh Wow! Love the conservatory, especially in it's decorated splendor! Beautiful!

Rue said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest of the place decorated for Christmas! Wish I wasn't a 3-day drive away, or I'd definitely be there!

Jennifer Rose said...

that butterfly tree is gorgeous!