Friday, May 7, 2010

Garden Faire


Today kicked off the 2 day Herb & Garden Faire at Landis Valley Museum. Over 70 vendors there selling  everything from heirloom vegetables, garden art and perennials. My mom and I headed out this morning to see what we could find. I am so grateful for my membership to this wonderful museum, it is a Lancaster County treasure. The perennials were a bit high and I couldn't find anything that I was dying for but I bought some unusual tomatos that were grown and sold by a local high school's ag program for only $1.75 each! I bought a Giant Valentine, a Cuor di Bue, Isis Candy and Japanese Black Trifele.  My other purchase was an English Puddler, which is like a birth bath for butterflies. The business that sold them is Pine Hollow Primitives and they had some beautiful accents for the garden. I really wanted this amazing birdbath they had and a hedgehog statue was too cute!

Behind the tavern is the cutest little garden,

Inside the tavern, I love this shot. The light was beautiful.

An old Harrison's Yellow heirloom rose.
This one has been around since the mid-1800's.

Even Tanya flew the coup to check out the vendor.

Tom is back at the barn, calling for his mate.

Beautiful buttercups. They make me smile everytime I see them.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jen! The photos are specular as always! I love the English Puddlers! Another unusal goodie....oh.. and those turkeys! So fun!!! :-)
~ Deb

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Wow - this looks like so much fun! We're supposed to be attending a spring market tomorrow...I am hopeful that the weather will cooperate. They're saying there will be storms and rain in the morning. We still need to purchase some plants for the gardens. Keep your fingers crossed for us! Enjoy your Mother's Day weekend! Theresa :)

Lisa said...

Terrific pics, I'm partial to the turkeys!!!
Lisa

Victoria said...

Gorgeous post..so charming and lovely..looks like so much fun! Beautiful photos..thanks for sharing such a fabulous adventure!!
Kiki~

Rue said...

Fun!

Love the Puddler - I've never heard of them, but I want one now! What a nice way to spend the day!

Laura said...

That sounds and looks like a fabulous place to visit!
blessings
~*~

First Draught Farm said...

Tavern Shot: Fantabulous!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You are so talented! The pumpkin and animals just astound. Thanks for the lovely visit! Blessings.

Kath said...

Lovely photos! I liked the other posts about this farm, it looks exactly the sort of place I would enjoy!

Rue said...

Glad you are adding Hyssop to your garden - just a head's up, in case you aren't aware...it's a hussy of a plant - tosses itself around everywhere! I took out 8 large seedlings in the garden beds around where my main hyssop bush is. Just gorgeous when it blooms though - mine blooms all summer long - first dark purple, then periwinkle blue, then white. Have fun!

Kristen said...

Happy MOthers Day

Joanne Olivieri said...

That looks like so much fun. I love that inside the tavern shot. Simplicity which tells wonderful stories. Thanks for sharing these and Happy Mother's Day.