Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday Blooms

Since I was at the horse show on Wednesday,
I'll share my new blooms with you today!


Bumble bee on a pink Guara.
I love these plants and have several shades.


“'O Tiger-lily,' said Alice, addressing herself to one that was waving gracefully about in the wind, 'I wish you could talk!' 'We can talk,' said the Tiger-lily: 'when there's anybody worth talking to”

The sea holly is starting to turn blue:)

This is a penstemon "jingle bells" and I'm quite happy that I planted it.
It's huge, almost as tall as me, with these dainty reddish flowers.
I love how stripey they are inside.


A freesia from grocery store purchased bulbs.
I have a hard time even going food shopping and not
coming home with something for the garden.


9 comments:

Laura said...

beautiful flowers!
blessings
~*~

Joanne Olivieri said...

That bumblebee is a hefty guy:) The tiger lily is just so stunning in that photo. Your blooms are striking.

Unknown said...

I love the thistlieness Sea holly.
Lovely as ever Jen! :-)

Theresa MacNaughton said...

So gorgeous - I LOVE sea holly. We tried growing it here, but it didn't take. :( All your flowers are so beautiful, Jen. :) Theresa

Jennifer Rose said...

that sea holly is a neat looking plant :) gorgeous flowers

Lin said...

I love gaura, but it doesn't last here. It keeps dying wherever I put it in my garden. :( I'll just have to enjoy yours!

Kristen said...

Sea Holly is sweet, is that related to thistle? I may have to get me one of those, I have a thistle already, it's a nice blue hydrangea color. Do you have any red hot pokers? Mine is just starting to open up. It's raining here today but I will try and get out there and snap a picture or two, this rain is bringing out all our skeeters.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Wowsers...what a collage of color and textures. A photographer's delight!

Shannon said...

Just gorgeous! I share your flower passion! When all is wrong in the world, I just sit in my garden and it melts away!