Thursday, September 9, 2010

Art of the Pumpkin

With autumn fast approaching my mind has been turning to pumpkins. I've even found two misfits growing in the garden to put on the front porch. The pumpkin is a piece of art without me ever having to touch it. These fall beauties come in so many colors and shapes now it's enough to make a Halloween lover like myself giddy with anticipation of their harvest.


“I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.”
~Henry David Thoreau


Scenes from a nearby Amish farm that specializes in unusual pumpkins.



Jack Be Little pumpkin visits a local cemetery.

Zoe and I at the Chadds Ford Pumpkin Carve last year.

My new site showing all the pumpkins I've carved for competitions.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm giddy now too, after seeing your gorgeous pumpkin pics!
Always a visual treat seeing your exceptional photos!

Lori

Jessie said...

Wow, very neat pumpkins! I love the one in the cemetery. Those old headstones are just the perfect setting :)

Rue said...

I love every colour, and ever size! Pumpkins just make me so happy! Thanks for the pics.

Kath said...

I love the Amish display. It would be hard to set that up for a photo wouldn't it? It's so natural with the higgledy boxes.

Robin Larkspur said...

I will be interested to see what you carve this year...last year's was so fabulous. Love the little Jack punkin on the gravestone.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're really getting me into the fall spirit! I love the display at the Amish farm:)

Unknown said...

Hey Stranger! Long time no see! Wow, summer's been a doozy but I promise I'll be visiting your wonderful blog more often! LOVE THESE PUMPKINS! And can't wait to see what you carve. Hope all is well! Huggles ~Zan

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I love pumpkins, too! It was just last year that I visited Longwood Gardens and saw all the amazing pumpkins and fall flowers. I just saw the first pumpkins of the season at the grocery store today. Soon, I'll be able to get them at my local orchard. It's felt like fall here this week - I do hope it continues. Theresa

Anonymous said...

This would have been a great halloween post. Loved them all. :)

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Each one a fabulous work of art !!!