Sunday, March 27, 2011

Six Years Ago


I was reminded by my Dutch friend Solange today that we were visiting her 6 years ago.
What an amazing vacation! I didn't have the nice camera I do now, but I got some good shots of her town of Alkmaar and also Edam, Hoorn and Amsterdam. We also visited Egmond aan Zee and the fortified, star shaped town of Naarden. What a beautiful country, can't wait to go back!

 Cheese Market in Alkmaar

 A quiet canal in Alkmaar.

 One of my favorite artists, Vermeer, in the Rijksmuseum.

Amsterdam


 

Hoorn 

9 comments:

Dom said...

Amazing photos.

Lin said...

Lovely. :) Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Lovely...what a trip that must have been. Your eye is just so keen to find just the right shot!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Oh wow! What fabulous photos. It must have been an amazing trip. :) Thanks for sharing your memories. Theresa

Molly Anne said...

Wow! Such beautiful shots. Makes me wish I'd been a better photographer in my past travels.
I always love seeing other people's travel photos. They are like taking a mini vacation.

Studio at the Farm said...

Jennifer, what BEAUTIFUL photos!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing them!

Jessie said...

I'm so jealous. I would love to go to the Netherlands one day, especially Amsterdam. Lovely pictures!

Unknown said...

Stunning! And you STILL take great pics, no matter what camera!

TARYTERRE said...

Although I loved all the photos, the castle was my favorite. What a delightful trip you must have had.