Sunday, September 25, 2011

New Paintings


I will be hanging several of my paintings in the Caracol Jewelry booth at Dressage at Devon this week. Here's a peek at three of them. I wanted to create some very simple pieces that let the horses stand out and won't take away from the beautiful jewelry. 
I haven't been to DAD in ages. Probably 10 years or more. I didn't even have a digital camera then, only my old Pentax k1000. I had to scan the below photo in of JB Andrew. I was so excited to see that horse. I even have his Breyer model. I was sad to read that Andy died this year. He was a beautiful black mustang, broken by prison inmates (JB stands for Jail Bird) and ridden to dressage fame by Kelly Boyd. I love how you can see his BLM brand. 

8 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

W O W !! Can't wait to see them and you in person at DAD Jen! Love the vintage DAD shot too!!

Unknown said...

Honey, these are exquisite pieces. So realistic you can almost 'touch' the horses.

Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~
Marydon

Kat_RN said...

Very nice work! I think the close ups on the simple background are a great idea. Best of luck at the show.
Kat

Unknown said...

Lovely paintings Jen! I'm not familiar with JB Andrew. Wonderful story. He was a huge mustang from the looks of that photo. My old camera was a K1000 as well! I still love that thing, even though I know digital's the way to go now. Anyway, have fun at Devon!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

The paintings are really beautiful! I especially love the third one. :)

Boss Mare Eventing said...

your artwork is beautiful as always!

Boss Mare Eventing said...

your artwork is beautiful as always!

Margaret said...

Thank you for the link to JB Andrew. Loved, loved the read.