Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Village


We went to Kosiar's Christmas Village last night with my husband's mother. He had been when he was a child. It was a first for me. If you go to their website and watch the flash intro, it's exactly what it's like when you approach. Over a big hill and then, voila, an amazing light display. 
 I like how the barn looks like a PA Dutch quilt.
(click on photo below for a larger image, I stitched two together so you could get the full effect)



As you walk around you see a lot of little houses with themed displays inside. 
Some are a little creepy for me but the kids like it. 


As you walk along the path, you see all sorts of hand painted wooden lighted cutouts.


Here's a Rudolph I set for a long exposure and them zoomed out. He's a light explosion!



The spinning propeller looks neat with a long exposure.


Zoe had a blast!


Andy Capp getting yelled at by his smoking wife... quite interesting.


We set up our tree this weekend too. 


One of my favorite ornaments...



I love my feather tree with vintage ornaments...



Foggy December morning...



11 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Wonderful photography, Jen!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

so beautiful!

Boss Mare Eventing said...

nice tree!

TARYTERRE said...

Loved hearing about the village. All those lights in one place. BREATHTAKING. Your tree is lovely. And your favorite ornament so sweet. Crazy in love with your feather tree, though. I have a silver tree that looks just like it. Take care. GREAT photos as always.

Dom said...

In love with the kitty photo.

Tammie Lee said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time and now have a lovely tree. sweet.

i love the foggy tree photograph, gorgeous!

RDA Pony Tales said...

What a wonderful display, and as always your photos are amazing. The Santa riding his horse is a lovely ornament, but I was taken by surprise to see Andy Capp! His creator is from where I live in the north east of UK. I had no idea he was known in America.

Lin said...

I like the kitty photo too. Is he thinking of taking a chomp, perhaps! Hee! Hee!

Margaret said...

You've done it again... taken my breath away. I too, love that Santa on a horse!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

That village looks like so much fun! I'd have a great time there. Your trees are so wonderful - we finally did our decorating, too. Now everything looks so beautiful and festive. :)

Sandy Sandy Art said...

That village is awesome. Love your Christmas trees too.
Wish we lived closer. :-D