Sunday, February 5, 2012

found

 beauty in the breakdown

This weekend I photographed a series of shells I found at the beach last summer and fall. 
I find that over the winter I am constantly thinking about the shore and dreaming of lounging in the sun and sand and jumping waves. I think I could live at the beach. 
I miss the smell of salt water and suntan lotion. 
These help. 
I think I may offer a few as prints someday. They would look nice hanging as a group.
You can see all of them on the flickr set -  found

 treasured

scalloped

urchin 
(okay, didn't find this one at the beach but it is pretty amazing)

vacant

lodged

battered and broken

taken in

7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE the beach too. Shells are a marvelous subject to photograph. You did an AMAZING job. They would make excellent prints. I can see them as a grouping on a wall. The green one is my favorite. take care.

Unknown said...

Love the organic flow of all of these images Jen. Cool textures too! :-)

De la Renaissance said...

They are gorgeous Jen!!!

Molly said...

You rock lady! I love your photos, always interesting and beautiful. Keep up the great work!

Studio at the Farm said...

Jen, You did a superb job of photographing these shells! I agree; they would make a wonderful series of prints.

Boss Mare Eventing said...

That urchin is so neat!!

Tammie Lee said...

absolutely wonderful photographs! Shells are awesome....