Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Over the river and through the woods...

... to Lisa's farm I went. 

Last week I ventured over the mighty Susquehanna River to visit my friend Lisa and her menagerie of four legged critters.  I was especially excited to meet Samson, her pinto Tennessee Walker. 



Isn't he amazing? I fell in love with those blue eyes!


Here's a wacky photo. He was tossing his head, wanting me to play. Looks like a weird alien horse.


Lisa's beautiful bay Arabian mare.


Her family also has Watusi cattle and Bison!



We ended our visit with a fun Jeep ride through the woods. 
When we hopped out to look at the creek, she spotted this lovely mushroom. 
Of course I had to take a photo!


“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” 
― C.S. Lewis

5 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Jen, your photos are magnificent! Samson is really an exceptional-looking horse, with those striking blue eyes. And I thank you - i've never seen a Watusi bull before. :)

Robin Larkspur said...

So good to see a post from you, Jennifer!! What a lovely place, with gorgeous animals.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yay - more pictures :-D.

Margaret said...

You always capture the exquisite side of life.

Lisa said...

Jen ~ your pictures of the gang who call this place home are wonderful. I love the mushroom!! It was such a pleasure to spend the afternoon with you and I truly look forward to when we can do it again.
lisa