Sunday, October 12, 2008

Landis Valley Museum

If you are ever visiting Lancaster County, please be sure to check out the Landis Valley Farm Museum. We went today to their Autumn Harvest Celebration and had a wonderful time. It's only a few miles down the road from us and we have never gone before except for their annual herb faire. I think they used this museum for a backdrop in some of the scenes of Oprah Winfrey's movie "Beloved". I had the opportunity today to photograph many of the beautiful animals - turkeys, sheep, draft horses and cows (I think I have to make a painting from my sheep photo). Zoe loved the live music everywhere we went. There were two ladies playing violin and guitar on a porch and she went up and talked to them and dance on the porch. It was so cute! Here are some pictures of our day. Click on each one for a larger view.







3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, what a beautiful setting, you can see Zoe is in awe of the muscians, perhaps she will become one.

Sheryl Parsons said...

Wonderful photos! It's this time of year that makes me want to live back east! Hey, can you email me?I have a question regarding the sheep photo.

Danielle Barlow said...

beautiful pics Jen, especially the sheep one - worthy of selling as a print in it's own right!