Friday, July 10, 2009

Evening Show



In previous posts I've mentioned the wonderful mom and daughter that live down the road and own Goat Flower Farm. Well, on Wednesday evening Zoe and I went to a horse show to watch the daughter, Kayley, ride her mare Pepsi in a few classes.
This was a big mistake on my part because now I really miss not having horses in my life. At one point Zoe grabbed my hand and said, "Thank you for bringing me here, I really love it.". Horses, kids and riders of all ages zooming around everywhere. Paints, Quarter Horses, ponies, we even saw our first Gypsy Vanner in Lancaster County (Sir William of Scotland from Feathered Gold Stables)! Now all I can think about is how much I would need to work at night in order to buy a horse someday... sigh...
Maybe when the house is paid off...



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are near horses here on the peninsula, they are wonderful to watch.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I don't think I can never be without horses ever again. I think once they have you under their enchanting spell, whereever you go, you see them or look for them, hoping to see a glance of their gleaming coats, powerful legs, swishing tails, gentle eyes, elegant necks and charming ears.

What a wonderful day to be surrounded by horses. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Your photos were wonderful.

~Lisa

jane augenstein said...

Ahhh, Lisa said it so right! The spell of the magic equine, once they have you, they have you!!!! I too wish to never be without a firey steed!
~Jane and Gilly~

angelandspot said...

What pretty horses. I don't know what my life without horses would be beside having more $ Lol. Gotta love horses.

Meghann said...

I'm with you on missing horses. It is a constant asche, not the least of which because we know how much MORE we need to earn to have them :s
Your photos are lovely, as always :)

Jennifer Rose said...

Sir William is gorgeous! I would have filled up 2 memory cards just taking pictures of him :D

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Horses bring so much to your life. At least you have them in your area and you can watch and visit.

Bonnie Story said...

I should be more blod about pointing my camera towards the sun and shooting. The backlit pic with the little puff of ring dist is wonderful! I was very lucky as a horse-crazed kid, I always found nice horses who needed to be ridden and didn't buy my own horse, and I'm glad actually. In my 20's I worked for a man who had 65 horses! I gave lessons and guided trail rides. That was great, I got to make $ getting my fill of horses and riding all day long, but without having pay feed and vet bills. Ideal! Maybe you can find a great horses to sponsor? Great pictures!! Bonnie

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Equine fever in people, sorry a horse is the only cure !

Linda said...

Jen, These evening shows are a great idea, wonderful photographs.
Have you heard back from Christine yet, please can you pop in bay and give an update. Lindax