Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lady Gaga at the Farm Show!


Well, the Longhorn Lady Gaga was at the farm show.
Isn't she sweet? I laughed out loud when I saw her name tag.


This little Longhorn was getting a wash from his mama.


This sheep didn't look very happy about her haircut.


And I think this coppery hog was dreaming of happier days.


An unusual hand made wedding dress for the lady who like to hunt perhaps?


Caught some of the PA High School Rodeo. I couldn't believe how young some of the bronc riders were and how close their heads came to pounding hooves! Yikes!



Next we watched a young draft riding competition.
 Lots of nice horses and riders.



I couldn't believe how small some of those kids were on top of those large drafts!


Next was an English class for draft horses.
I like this lady's dressage attire.


And this white percheron had pretty pink flowers in her tail and a heart shaved into her rump.


Men's Clydesdale Cart Class was next. this one in pink placed 2nd.


This nice pair took 1st place.



We had a great day at the PA Farm Show!

11 comments:

First Draught Farm said...

What an awesome day!! Wish I could have taken it all in myself! OMG on the cammo gown. . .

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

What a neat show!

Molly Anne said...

Draft horses are so incredible. I remember when I was in 4-H and we went to a Shire farm and they had a huge, gleaming black stallion named Beowulf.

Loved all the photos!

Lady Gaga - ha! I can totally see her wearing a cow costume too...

Dom said...

The white percheron is adorable and I love the Lady Gaga longhorn <3

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Jen!! Ahh, more fun PA stuffs! Lady Gaga is a HOOT and all of the pictures are so wonderful!
I love where you live...so again, WHEN CAN I MOVE there? :)

Jennifer Rose said...

i love draft horses, for something so huge they can be so graceful

i have seen a lot of wedding dresses with hunting fabric, some of them are really nice, others not so much lol

Unknown said...

Ha!, Beautiful pic of Lady Gaga hard to tell them apart...

Theresa MacNaughton said...

What beautiful photos! That farm show looks like fun - how great that they hold it in winter. I love looking at all those sweet faces. Theresa

Jessie said...

Ha! Lady Gaga!! Love the smiling pig, too--he has to be dreaming happy dreams :) Those little kids on those draft horses gets me, too--I'm used to seeing kids on POA's, so even normal-sized horses throw me. I can't imagine! But they are gorgeous, gentle giants....

Anonymous said...

Farm show, what a place. Oddly enough, I went on a first date to one of these;)

Amber said...

~ Completely off topic ... I just wanted to let you know that because I absolutely adore your work, I listed you as a recipient of the "Stylish Blogger" award!

When you get a moment, please come over to http://calamityandme.blogspot.com/
and scoop it up :)