Sunday, January 29, 2012

Las Vegas in Black and White

First I want to thank everyone that commented on my last post. It really means a lot to me and I appreciate your support! Blogger used to email me all the comments so I could respond to them via email but now only about half the comments come to my inbox.

I've been going through my photos I took last year around the Las Vegas area and thought I would share. The desert landscape, canyons, lakes and such look so beautiful in black and white.


Around Red Rock Canyon


"I tried to keep both arts alive, but the camera won. I found that while the camera does not express the soul, perhaps a photograph can!" ~ Ansel Adams



The Lake Mead/Hoover Dam area.



 Mount Charleston


Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health - designed by Frank Gehry


Even the colorful Las Vegas Strip looks great in black and white. 


And for a little color,  a palm tree from my grandmother's neighborhood.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome in black and white! Keep them coming.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

stunning shots as always . as to the comments , check the spam folder in you email , as sometimes our email accounts suddenly get hyper vigilant , also check the spam on your blog comments section(in your dashboard)

LuLu Kellogg said...

Black and whites will always be my first loves when it comes to photography! Your work is always so beautiful!

Jennifer Rose said...

those are lovely photos :D the black and white photos really bring out the textures in the rocks

CameraCruise said...

Gorgeous shots in b/w, love all of them!
Mette

TARYTERRE said...

Seeing all these spectacular photos in B&W is a real pleasure. It takes me back to yesteryear. LOVED them all. The rock formations just reached out to bring you in. The Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health was very interesting, though. Had never heard of it. Just a fascinating shot. Take care.

Margaret said...

My favorites: The Moon, Sailboat, and bridge. JUST WOW!

Boss Mare Eventing said...

I love the moon in the background in that one shot!